Vitamin D Makes Women with PCOS *SHINE*by Robin Nielsen
Vitamin D isn't actually a vitamin. It's a steroid hormone that you can get from food, sun exposure and supplementation. Vitamin D3 is the real vitamin D. A study in 2011 found that D3 is 87 percent more effective than D2.
My good friend and colleague Dave Asprey, aka The Bulletproof guy, wrote in his blog his Top 5 Reasons Vitamin D Makes Women Bulletproof. They are
- Increased fertiility
- Helps to prevent breast cancer
- Builds stronger bones
- Immune Support
- Helps to avoid PCOS
Most adults need 8,000 IUs of Vitamin D3 daily to raise levels above 40 ng/ml.Highest food sources of Vitamin D
- Cod liver oil
- Shitake mushrooms (very small amount)
- Get tested for your 25 Hydroxy D serum level
- Eat foods high in vitamin D
- Get lots of sunshine in your eyes and on your body everyday (do not burn your skin!)
- Take your Insulite System nutrients (they contain vitamin D), and if that's not enough
- Check out the Vitamin D Ultra here on our store for a healthy way to build your levels.