Forums Home Forums PCOS Topics PCOS Symptoms Weight Gain Weight Loss

This topic contains 21 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  javdberg 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #316

    javdberg
    Member

    Today is my second day on the PCOS system.. I have been waiting for this for months.
    One of the frustrating thing is that I started this whole new health regime 6 months ago in a attempt to get my body fit and healthy and hopefully loose some weight then attempt to have baby number 2.

    I have not loss any weight in the last 6 months and is still sitting on 77.2kg. This is without being on this PCOS system.
    I am so scared that I won’t see any results after 6 months. I really need to loose weight.. I go to the gym 4 times a day power walking and occasionally running on the treadmill for the last 6 months. Completed a quarter marathon 4 months ago 10.5km..and I haven’t loss any weight.. it is so frustrating.

    Give me some hope to hold on to.. so many times I wanted to just throw in the towel and accept my fate!

    #13911

    drnicole
    Member

    Hello javdberg,

    I understand your frustration over the last 6 months and am so glad you are trying the Insulite PCOS System. It sounds like you have worked so hard to keep a good exercise routine. I think with the addition of the nutrients and botanicals and the diet plan you will begin to see results. Since this is not a fad diet the weight loss is not fast. Based on scientific evidence slow weight loss gives us more lasting results instead of the rebound weight gain often seen with dieting. Even if you don’t see changes on the outside, I want to affirm for you that on a cellular level, your body is healing: improving insulin sensitivity and getting the nutrients it needs from your food and supplements. I’m just encouraging you to be patient and keep in touch with us if you have any questions or concerns while on the system.

    @javdberg 1623 wrote:

    Today is my second day on the PCOS system.. I have been waiting for this for months.
    One of the frustrating thing is that I started this whole new health regime 6 months ago in a attempt to get my body fit and healthy and hopefully loose some weight then attempt to have baby number 2.

    I have not loss any weight in the last 6 months and is still sitting on 77.2kg. This is without being on this PCOS system.
    I am so scared that I won’t see any results after 6 months. I really need to loose weight.. I go to the gym 4 times a day power walking and occasionally running on the treadmill for the last 6 months. Completed a quarter marathon 4 months ago 10.5km..and I haven’t loss any weight.. it is so frustrating.

    Give me some hope to hold on to.. so many times I wanted to just throw in the towel and accept my fate!

    #13913

    khadeja
    Member

    Hi

    I am 29 years of age and have ben diagnosed with PCOS at the age of 23, however I beleive I had PCOS WHEN i WAS 14 / 15 as this is when I was putting weight on quickly and my facial hair was growing rapidly, and I started to have thinning hair.

    I have been back and fro to my doctors like a yo yo, and the doctors either tell me to either exercise differently and do not beleiveee that I am eating healthy foods.

    I am now 11 stones, my height is 5ft 5 inches I carry most of the weight on my hips and stomache.

    I have heard about this ‘PCOS System’ has any one tried it – does it work? I desperately need to lose the weight, and out of all the systems that is what gets me down. Also I live in the UK will the goods be shipped to me in the UK – also when i looked at the ‘vitamins’ on this site it does say what vitamins / nutrients are in each bottle but no mention of how many ‘mg’

    someone please help me

    #13912

    drelizabeth
    Member

    @khadeja 2116 wrote:

    Hi

    I am 29 years of age and have ben diagnosed with PCOS at the age of 23, however I beleive I had PCOS WHEN i WAS 14 / 15 as this is when I was putting weight on quickly and my facial hair was growing rapidly, and I started to have thinning hair.

    I have been back and fro to my doctors like a yo yo, and the doctors either tell me to either exercise differently and do not beleiveee that I am eating healthy foods.

    I am now 11 stones, my height is 5ft 5 inches I carry most of the weight on my hips and stomache.

    I have heard about this ‘PCOS System’ has any one tried it – does it work? I desperately need to lose the weight, and out of all the systems that is what gets me down. Also I live in the UK will the goods be shipped to me in the UK – also when i looked at the ‘vitamins’ on this site it does say what vitamins / nutrients are in each bottle but no mention of how many ‘mg’

    someone please help me

    Hi Khadeja,

    Thank you for posting on the PCOS forum. I can hear how frustrated and discouraged you are in dealing with PCOS. Unfortunately, we hear from many women who are not receiving the support they need from their doctors.

    As you may already know, the underlying cause of PCOS in most cases seems to be insulin resistance. With insulin resistance, the body becomes insensitive to the insulin produced, which leads to increased levels of insulin. This, in turn, leads to hormonal imbalances such as increased testosterone and weight gain.

    The increased testosterone is responsible for many of the symptoms of PCOS, like the ones you are experiencing, such as excess hair growth and thinning. The increased testosterone is also responsible for the abnormal menstrual cycles experienced by many women with PCOS.

    I understand that you would like to hear “real” women share their experiences about using the Insulite System. This forum is a great place to interact and hear other’s stories. Also we have had many women share their success stories with us. The testimonials on our website, http://www.pcos.insulitelabs.com, are all real. Also, you can read the My Story section to see some more personal experiences from customers. Here’s a link to that section: http://www.pcos.insulitelabs.com/my-story.php.

    We do ship internationally. Ordering can be completed online at http://www.insulitelabs.com. You can also contact customer service through email at info@insulitelabs.com to receive information regarding cost and shipping.

    I’m not sure if you viewed the supplements on our website but here is a link to the page that describes the supplements in detail: http://www.pcos.insulitelabs.com/PCOS-Elements.php.

    Let me know if you have any other questions or need any other support.

    #13914

    anand
    Member

    hey, try to avoid junk foods,
    do regular exercises then consult a doctor

    #13903

    drheather
    Member

    @anand 2246 wrote:

    hey, try to avoid junk foods,
    do regular exercises then consult a doctor

    Certainly, decreasing these foods will go a long way towards supporting weight loss. But also keep in mind that reduction of overall carbohydrates is important with PCOS. This controls insulin levels that make it more difficult to manage weight.

    If you are not sure how to start making these changes, let me know. I would be happy to help.

    Thanks for passing along advice and supporting women on the forum.

    #13915

    Hi javdberg,

    Well,As you may already know, the underlying cause of PCOS in most cases seems to be insulin resistance. With insulin resistance, the body becomes insensitive to the insulin produced, which leads to increased levels of insulin. This, in turn, leads to hormonal imbalances such as increased testosterone and weight gain.So, to avoid this conditions, consult a good doctor which guide you and balance your increasing Weight.Do yoga and external exercise which help you to stay fit,healthy and also fast your blood circulation.

    Thanks

    #13916

    onegreekgirl
    Member

    Hang in there…I too was skeptical. I had tried everything even a cleansing diet that my husband and other friends lost 10+ pounds on…me…I lost 0! I have been on Insulite PCOS for 1 month and also have been doing Weight Watchers and have lost 7 pounds! I feel much better so keep on trying. The pills have helped me tremendously with my carb cravings and feeling full!

    #13917

    arunkumarrr
    Member

    Before one year I too faced the same problem like the thread starter but I waited patiently and continued the exercises so now I have reduced a few kilograms.. So we should wait patiently and carry on with our exercises..

    #13904

    drheather
    Member

    @arunkumarrr 2772 wrote:

    Before one year I too faced the same problem like the thread starter but I waited patiently and continued the exercises so now I have reduced a few kilograms.. So we should wait patiently and carry on with our exercises..

    Hello,

    Yes patience certainly helps when one is dealing with PCOS. However, just as important is being consistent in the hard work you are doing.

    Thanks for sharing and keep it up.

    #13918

    Geethika
    Member

    I heard of PCOS but don’t know what are its actual symptoms.Can You let me know About it.

    #13905

    drheather
    Member

    @Geethika 4138 wrote:

    I heard of PCOS but don’t know what are its actual symptoms.Can You let me know About it.

    Hello Geethika,

    Thank you for writing into the PCOS forum.

    This is a good question and I am sure others will be interested in
    learning about what symptoms have been associated with PCOS.

    The following is a list of the more common symptoms of PCOS, but note
    that not everyone with PCOS experiences all of these symptoms. Some
    women may have 2 or 3 of these traits while others struggle with all
    of them. Most experts consider that a woman must have evidence of both
    lack of ovulation manifested by irregular periods AND signs of excess
    male hormones to be diagnosed with PCOS. Some experts also require
    the presence of polycystic ovaries to diagnose PCOS.

    1. Weight Gain or Inability to Lose Weight. Other people may not
    necessarily gain weight but find that no matter how hard they try,
    they cannot lose any weight. Not every woman with PCOS will have
    problems with excess weight. In fact, up to half of women with PCOS
    are lean. Even lean women with PCOS may struggle with high insulin
    levels or insulin resistance, however.

    2. Absent or Irregular Periods (Amenorrhea or Oligomenorrhea).
    Irregular or absent menses indicate that a woman is probably not
    ovulating.

    3. Infertility. The high levels of excess insulin seen with PCOS can
    stimulate the ovaries to produce large amounts of the male hormone
    testosterone, which can possibly prevent the ovaries from releasing an
    egg each month, thus causing infertility. Because women with PCOS
    don’t have regular menstrual cycles, many are unable to become
    pregnant. With help, however, many PCOS sufferers conceive.

    4. Excess Hair Growth (Hirsutism). This symptom causes excess hair,
    which can be difficult for many women. For most PCOS sufferers, hair
    in the mustache and beard areas becomes heavier and darker. Masculine
    hair on the arms and leg is also possible, as well as hair on abdomen,
    chest or back, together with more growing in the pubic area. High
    levels of male hormones (androgens) cause this condition.

    5. Thinning Hair. Just as heavier hair growth is possible, so is the
    type of hair thinning that many men experience.

    6. Acne and oily skin

    7.Ovarian Cysts. The elevation in insulin levels also contributes to
    the formation of cysts in the ovaries in part due to the hormonal
    imbalances and also because the ovaries are highly sensitive to the
    influence of insulin. These multiple, immature ovarian cysts that are
    the hallmark of PCOS are associated with irregular menstruation and
    trouble conceiving. Polycystic ovaries are defined as 12 or more
    follicles in at least 1 ovary as seen by ultrasound. Note that not
    every woman with PCOS has polycystic ovaries.

    8. Fatigue. Fatigue is a common symptom that may be related to PCOS in
    that insulin resistance can be one cause of reduced energy levels.
    Furthermore, many women with PCOS also have low thyroid function
    (hypothyroidism) which itself causes fatigue.

    9. Other Skin Problems. Skin tags: thick lumps of skin sometimes as
    large as raisins can form as a result of PCOS. They are usually
    found in the armpits, at the bra line or neck and can easily be
    removed by a dermatologist. Darkening and thickening of the skin can
    also occur around the neck, groin, underarms or skin folds. This
    condition, called Acanthosis Nigricans, is a sign of Insulin
    Resistance, the underlying cause of PCOS. Other women with PCOS note
    an increase in dandruff.

    10. Mood Swings.

    11. High cholesterol (Hyperlipidemia) and High Blood Pressure (Hypertension).

    12. Sleep Apnea. Women with PCOS have a high risk for sleep apnea.
    This may be due to the increased BMI (Body Mass Index) in about half
    of women with PCOS. Another possible reason for the increased
    prevalence of sleep apnea in people with PCOS is the effects of
    testosterone on blood vessels.

    As you can see, there are quite a few and these can also be associated
    with other conditions. This is why it is important that if you feel
    that you may be one of the women dealing with PCOS, that you
    find a doctor that is experienced in evaluating for this condition.

    I hope that this helps. Please write in, if we can help further.

    #13919

    Kristel
    Member

    I’ve just started my first day on the supplements today. I got diagnosed with pcos about 8 years ago and I’m 26 now. I had been on the pill the whole time untill about 6 months ago. My weight kept going up and up very quickly for the first 4 months after coming off the pill and and I am now about 67 kgs (goal weight 50-55Kg) and I’m 5″2. I have spent the last few months doing allot of cardio exercise and had originally started the “Eat right for your Type” blood type diet and saw a very minor decrease in weight. I have now spent the last 6 weeks on “lite n easy” (Australian – meals delivered to your door) and only eating on it 1200 cals a day. I am very hungry but feel concerned it doesn’t have enough protein in it and still a few too many carbs even though it’s put together by nutristionists and is meant to be a perfectly balanced diet? I’m not sure if I should continue on this balanced 1200 cal diet with lots of exercise and the supplements or if I should do high protein low carb diet with lots of exercise and the supplements? Could someone please help me? I’m at my wits end, I’m praying the insulite pcos programme works for me soon as in Australia it’s costing me nearly $160AUD every month to be on it and I don’t know how long I can afford it! :(

    #13906

    drheather
    Member

    @Kristel 4508 wrote:

    I’ve just started my first day on the supplements today. I got diagnosed with pcos about 8 years ago and I’m 26 now. I had been on the pill the whole time untill about 6 months ago. My weight kept going up and up very quickly for the first 4 months after coming off the pill and and I am now about 67 kgs (goal weight 50-55Kg) and I’m 5″2. I have spent the last few months doing allot of cardio exercise and had originally started the “Eat right for your Type” blood type diet and saw a very minor decrease in weight. I have now spent the last 6 weeks on “lite n easy” (Australian – meals delivered to your door) and only eating on it 1200 cals a day. I am very hungry but feel concerned it doesn’t have enough protein in it and still a few too many carbs even though it’s put together by nutristionists and is meant to be a perfectly balanced diet? I’m not sure if I should continue on this balanced 1200 cal diet with lots of exercise and the supplements or if I should do high protein low carb diet with lots of exercise and the supplements? Could someone please help me? I’m at my wits end, I’m praying the insulite pcos programme works for me soon as in Australia it’s costing me nearly $160AUD every month to be on it and I don’t know how long I can afford it! :(

    Dear Kristel,

    Thank you for writing into the PCOS forum. I am glad that you have chosen to use the PCOS System. It sounds like you are making some great changes in your lifestyle.

    You ask a great question. And the answer is, it depends. In my experience, most women with PCOS do better on a low carbohydrate diet with adequate protein. It is a much smaller percentage of woman that do well with an average or more carbohydrate based diet. I do not doubt that the meals are very balanced but women with PCOS require a different approach.

    So, if the lower calorie is not working, then I would recommend a lower carbohydrate diet. As part of our System, we recommend 60-80 grams a day from all food sources.

    In addition, let me know how you are doing, and please let me know how I can support you through this process.

    #13920

    Kristel
    Member

    Hi, Thanks for you help! I think I might stop reordering the pre-prepared meals and try doing a bit more of a low carb alternative.

    I was also just wondering if all going to plan and I eventually get my body to where I want it to be in terms of weight, skin, regular periods etc what is the long term usage of Insulite recommendation? Is the pcos something that will all gradually come back in terms of the symptoms if I eventually came off the supplements or is it designed to be a life time commitment? In terms of the supplements? :confused:The exercise and diet obviously needs to be ongoing for life. Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.